4.18.2010

Sunday run

Since I tend to get songs stuck in my head on each run, I figured I'd work that into this blog. Today's run was brought to you by Dream Theater, one of my favorite bands. The opening track of "Black Clouds & Silver Linings" was the first song that popped in my head on today's run, and it stayed there on a loop for about 2.5 miles or so. If you're into heavy rock with an intelligent progressive twist (and don't mind songs that go beyond four minutes) I highly recommend checking out Dream Theater. Their stuff gets pretty musically complex, but even if you don't know anything about music theory, it's easy to see how talented they are...which is fitting, since I'm pretty sure everyone except the singer was classically trained on their instrument. The song "A Nightmare to Remember" is truly epic, and the intro makes for great pump-up music.

Part 1
Part 2

Tried a new route today. More hills than I expected, and since I started fighting a calf cramp early in the run, I played it safe by taking a one-minute walking break every ten minutes. My marathon calendar called for a four-miler, though my route came in just under at 3.9...not sure how, since I measured it off with DailyMile before-hand, but I'm not too worried about it since I have plenty of yardwork to get to today. (Check for an update on that later today here, perhaps tomorrow).

So how did today's run go? Not bad...I think I'm at the point though where I'm past feeling proud that I just finished a run and want to feel like I'm accomplishing something. Was tough to get into a groove today - along with the calf cramp early in the race, my right shoulder started to twinge a couple of miles in. This isn't the first time that's happened, though I have no idea why. I don't have a history of arm injuries, and it's not like I'm carrying or dragging anything while I'm running...anyway, it's not enough to stop my run, more of annoyance than anything else.

That's it for now, time to get some breakfast and get started on the yardwork for today.

Posted via email from Marathon thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment